Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Those of you who breed from their pigs ....  (Read 7313 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Those of you who breed from their pigs ....
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 09:52:38 am »
Sounds good but perhaps the rate is better than here where farmers are losing 8 euros on each pig they send off because the price has plummetted and the feed price esculated.

princesspiggy

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:52 am »
     it must be like selling homing pigeons?????

oh yes, we bought 2 white doves, they escaped and we never saw them again, we saw the young man at the market afterwards and he completely denied ever meeting us!!  lol   :wave: ;D ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 10:00:06 am »
so how does your idea actually work hilary?
do they buy the weaner, then keep it on a "full livery" until its slaughtered? then they pay killing and butchering and its over?
would the feed costs not rise every month as it grows?
if you were to just rent a paddock for someone to keep a few weaners, how much field rent per head would you charge?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:49 am »
Yes exactly.  I calculate the amount of feed required.  I am fairly generous in my calculations BUT do reimburse any overpayment at the end.

if you were to just rent a paddock for someone to keep a few weaners, how much field rent per head would you charge?[/font][/color]

I dont because I could not guarantee the animals would be kept to my standards. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS