Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wintec saddle  (Read 4253 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Wintec saddle
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:32:01 pm »

I am thinking of buying one of these for my little mare,she changes shape through the year and I thought the fact that I could change the gullet would be good, does anyone have one and what do they think of it?
At the moment she is being ridden in a borrowed saddle which is a med fit and during the winter I borrowed a med/narrow.
Anne

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
Re: Wintec saddle
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »
i think my mum got a wintec and is spot on for what she needs from it but i did over hear her saying she wants to sell to get a treeless saddle next.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:35:38 pm »
I have a treeless saddle and I love it (or at least I did when I rode).

Megansmam

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
My friend has a wintec saddle was fitted by a saddle fitter and is a very practical, light, well designed saddle. The changable gullet are very usefull for a horse that is going to change shape.

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »
I considered this option for my horse but in the end had to have a saddle made due to him being very broad... The treeless option is also a very good one especially if you have a horse who is still growing or more than one horse as it grately reduces the saddle cost

http://www.horseandsaddle.co.uk/ this is where I got my treeless from which has served me very well and only cost about £180 new.

Sam

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:18 pm »
I have a wintec which I bought when I got my 5 year old horse as I knew he'd change shape. I think they're handy and value for money.
Lynn :)

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »
I bought a treeless sadle from Roxy. It fits Patch well as is good as he may still grow a little. My daughter finds it more comfortable than a normal saddle.
Karen

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 09:27:42 am »
I used to ride my 18 hand horse in a Throughgood saddle and i loved it but my cob mare had a native saddle as she was very much on the wide side.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:04:06 pm »

Just thought that i would add that I did buy one and am really pleased with it. i went for the vsd 500 with cair and it is so light and fits really well. have not needed to change the gullet yet.
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS