Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What Do You Need???  (Read 4482 times)

What Do You Need???
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:08:56 pm »
Hi Again,

Firstly thankyou to all the forum members who have purchased from us in the past 12 or so months. Im trying to self-moderate my postings so they don't all read as adverticements, and offer my advice and experience whenever I can.

Anyway, we have now built up quite a large supplier base who between them offer many thousands of products - But Im not going to market them all, firstly I dont have the time to list them all for sale, and secondly I dont have a warehouse big enough to keep them all in stock.

So tell me what products you might be looking for or what is hard to get hold of where you live, and we will try our hardest to source it for you.

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: What Do You Need???
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
good quality goat products, milking supplies (filter papers, udder wipes) - really only one I use (and find competitive) is Ascott, but their delivery price is quite steep and usually necessitates a big order...

Until recently I have tried always to buy locally, but since my local AgriMerch has just been taken over by a large company I am not so sure about it anymore...

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:51:45 am »
Id like some wild flower seeds please. Some for hedgerow bottoms, woodlands, fields etc at a resonable price. ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:49:19 am »
Thats a great idea, they do huge packets here, not particularly cheap, and when you open them they are full of filler with just a few seeds.  They call the filler a planting medium.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:02 am »
OK,

Wildflower seeds are VERY expensive, but we have access to a few mixes, depends where you want to plant them and in what type of soil, a couple of examples are:

1) General purpose 100% wildflower mix Containing 21 native species, this popular mixture contains species frequently found in a diverse range of soil types and habitats, allowing indigenous species to ingress and thrive.
 Sowing rate: 100% - 3 gms/m2 (1 Kg per 330m2). £100 gms £25.90 250 gms   £51.75 1 Kg £149.50

2) Woodland and Heavy Shade Contains 18 native species of wild flowers. Species in this mixture are frequently found in wooded areas, alongside woodland edges and in clearings. Shade may be heavy or prolonged.
Sowing Rate: 3g/sq. m. 100 gms £28.75 250 gms £57.50 1 Kg £172.50    

As you can see the price for 100% (no filler) seed is quite high - but you get a lot of seeds for your money. Also available are mixtures for Clay or acidic or wet boggy, or country cottage borders etc etc.

You can also mix this with grass seeds for re-seeding pastures etc and we can obtain grass / wildflower mixes in 80/20 and 90/10 ratios.

Thanks

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:11:19 am »
Looks like the prices of wildflower seeds killed that deader than a good watering with Roundup !  ;D ;D

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 12:17:07 am »
Hi Ya

I bought some sheep raddle waxy thingies off you last week, I think I spoke to you on the phone(?) cos I had to amend the order cos I got it wrong?

Great stuff and the purchase process was easy.

Have you thought of selling fittings for plastic pipes, like joiners, tjunctions, taps and valves for troughs?  They are quite small so not much space needed to store + they can be expensive at local 'agri shops'.

Also maybe have some gate and door furniture like hinges, latches and bolts? Again quite small (though heavy) and also dont go out of date.

Maybe some clippers for animals like sheep, horses and dogs? Some of your competitors are also selling blades, maybe an idea?

A dream purchase would be spare O-rings sets for drenching guns, maybe you could sell bumper packs of o-rings that fix any troublesome gun :)

Ta

Baz

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 07:45:59 am »
Sorry SfS I hadnt seen your reply.

Ouch! The prices are still very high. :( It would end up costing me hundreds of pounds :(

bamford6

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:45 am »
i need water and feeders solaway feeders cheapist at the moment            http://www.solwayfeeders.com/categories/drinkers-c370.html

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 09:30:11 am »
Sorry only just got back on to this thread - wild flower seeds although expensive are markedly cheaper than here.  Although its a big outlay the display throughout the year would be well worth the costs. 

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 09:30:57 am »
I need a chicken dispatcher, I dont know the correct name, would you have one?  (and price please to include p&p to UK.)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »
Goat coats- but show goat coats, not really thick wooly ones. I may have to get out the sewing machine!

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »
Beth - I certainly have decided to get out the sewing machine. My goat coats are lovely, but made of fleece and so very warm and useless in summer.... But I can use them as a pattern.... Had my goats sponged on Friday and it bucketed it down while loading/unloading at vets, I was pleased that I had the fleece coats though, the rain does run of them for a wee while....

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:23 pm »
Yes. they are handy to have. Especially if you get a sick goat in the winter. But fleece ones always annoy me because the straw sticks to it so much!

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »
and the hair of longhaired GG's....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS