Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Single hen - North Fife  (Read 1902 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Single hen - North Fife
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:59:25 pm »
Forgive me for posting here but I can't find the marketplace section I'm sure we used to have! I'm looking for a single hen someone might need a new home for. Age is not really important, the occasional egg would be nice, but mainly I'm looking for a companion for our elderly hen. Her mum just died and I don't have the time and nerve to start with new rescues atm, they are just too neurotic at the beginning. She needs another mature girl to snuggle up to in winter :(

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Re: Single hen - North Fife
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:50:22 am »
We've got some Rhode Rocks that are due to be dog food shortly - you'd be welcome to one or two if you want them? About 2.5 years old, still laying occasionally.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 05:29:25 pm »
 :excited:  Yes, please, Dan. If I have 2, will they gang up on the oldie? They would stay in the eglu together from the start. Time to come and visit Dalmore, me thinks  :innocent: 

and, just to let you know, Dan,  I'm not getting any email notifications (again)  ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:29:51 pm by northfifeduckling »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:04:37 am »
The RR are pretty laid back and they'll be going into her territory, so hopefully they'll be fine.
Email me about coming and I'll catch two of the best ones.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 10:10:21 am »
and, just to let you know, Dan,  I'm not getting any email notifications (again)  ::)

Ah, thanks for letting me know, that'll be Yahoo again, I'll look into it.  :)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 01:04:54 pm »
The RR are pretty laid back and they'll be going into her territory, so hopefully they'll be fine.
Email me about coming and I'll catch two of the best ones.

Messaged you on this system yesterday, it's not showing . Will fb message you instead. Thank you  :bouquet:

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 02:03:20 pm »
I've a solitary legbar who escaped when I was giving the rest to a friend a few months ago, she's semiferal in the garden now and won't go in the old pen at all.  But you're welcome to her if we can work out how to catch her again!  Pretty flighty but comes down for feed twice a day, no idea where she was laying the last month but looks like moulting now so I migth manage to work out where she's hiding..

I'm selling up so it'd be good if she went somewhere she won't be a single new one in a whole flock.. just not sure how to trap!  Approx 2 and lays blue eggs. Failing that she and the 2 cats will be inherited by new buyers ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 02:11:07 pm »
I've a solitary legbar who escaped when I was giving the rest to a friend a few months ago, she's semiferal in the garden now and won't go in the old pen at all.  But you're welcome to her if we can work out how to catch her again!  Pretty flighty but comes down for feed twice a day, no idea where she was laying the last month but looks like moulting now so I migth manage to work out where she's hiding..

I'm selling up so it'd be good if she went somewhere she won't be a single new one in a whole flock.. just not sure how to trap!  Approx 2 and lays blue eggs. Failing that she and the 2 cats will be inherited by new buyers ;)

I'm happy to come over and see you either way, it's been years  , I do apologise... :( I'll be near you Saturday but can't pin down a time yet. I don't think I have your number, could just call you short notice? If that's not good could do some time next week? The cats are needing a new home, too??

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS