Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Search for land or woodlands  (Read 550 times)

WoodlandWanderer2023

• Joined Jan 2024
Search for land or woodlands
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:06:11 pm »
I'm looking for land or woodlands or mixed. Area from Kent to South Wales. £30,000 budget, anything considered. I've been dreaming of self sufficient living for too long and time to make it a reality!

Many thanks!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Search for land or woodlands
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 04:27:44 pm »
Google 'land for sale Wales' or whatever area you live in.  You won't get much for 30K but even an acre will be a start for you
Good luck

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/14094084/

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/14109640/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 04:30:15 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 06:10:31 pm »
Be aware that in England, land and houses being auctioned will typically get double the "guide price".  It's supposed to be within 10% of the expected price but that is rarely the case.

Don't let it stop you looking and bidding, you might just get lucky!  But don't fall in love with a plot if it's being auctioned at a guide price close to your limit, because sadly, it's very unlikely to come your way. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 02:19:07 pm »
I'm looking for land or woodlands or mixed. Area from Kent to South Wales. £30,000 budget, anything considered. I've been dreaming of self sufficient living for too long and time to make it a reality!

Many thanks!
If it's possible for you to move house, you could consider one with a very large garden as a start off point, preferably one in not great nick that you can add value to
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS