Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Food business  (Read 5121 times)


  • Joined Jul 2018
Food business
« on: August 02, 2018, 03:58:42 pm »
Hi, do you have to register with your local council as a food business to sell a small amount of cut comb honey, I have read that you do have to label it properly. Many thanks!


  • The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Food business
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:14:14 pm »
No, you don't have to register if you're only selling a small amount directly to the public.

Some very good advice here:


  • Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Food business
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 03:54:31 am »
Thanks for that link Dan , it has some useful updates on how I used to operate with my bees..
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting


  • Joined Jul 2018
Re: Food business
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:10:26 pm »
Hi, ok, thanks for the responses, most helpful.


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS