Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another newbie! Hello from the Scottish Borders!  (Read 839 times)

Biohazard156

• Joined Jul 2018
Another newbie! Hello from the Scottish Borders!
« on: July 28, 2018, 06:46:42 pm »
Hello everyone! My husband and I moved from Edinburgh to the Scottish Borders (Near Tweedsmuir) last April, and we have a very mixed plot of 5 acres! We have been given a couple of pet Shetland lambs from a neighbour which I adore!
We’d love to expand this to a small flock so we can breed a few of our own for meat etc. We’d also love a few pigs in future and chooks/ducks!
We’d love to connect with other likeminded folks and pick your brains as we are very new to this but super keen to learn!

Hope to chat to you all soon ????

Anna and Adam

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Another newbie! Hello from the Scottish Borders!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 03:08:34 pm »
Hello and welcome to TAS from  :sunshine: Carnoustie. Lots of info on the website and the forum.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Another newbie! Hello from the Scottish Borders!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:44:53 pm »
Hello A&A
We're just across the border in South Lanarkshire (near Biggar) so not far away.  You are both welcome to come for a visit and a chat.  We keep Hebridean sheep, hens and geese, grow veggies and try to look after the environment.  In the past we have also kept Tamworth pigs and Muscovey ducks.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS