Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone make tablecloths/coverings?  (Read 4492 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Anyone make tablecloths/coverings?
« on: September 10, 2010, 06:46:51 pm »
Am looking for a gorgeous table cover that I can use on my stall. Would rather purchase from a fellow TAS'r if posible so if anyone makes table covers that would be large enough to go over a wallpaper/pasting table would you let me know please?
Plain cream colour would be good and its to display my goats milk produce (soap/bath salts etc)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Anyone make tablecloths/coverings?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:59 pm »
What about a cotton sheet? Not sure about your measurements, but it should be big enough to cover large table?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:48:08 am »
It might have to be a sheet. I had visions of something handmade but simple enough not to distract from the soaps on sale though
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:52:52 am »
It would look nice with a scalloped edge finished in a colour from one of your soaps.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 05:32:30 pm »
i use a good quality flat sheet to cover our dining table as its huge and it looks really nice,better than some tablecloths.and edge it with some trim from a material shop.luvverly

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 06:56:17 pm »
Mm -I really like the idea of a scalloped edge to complement one of my soap colours (possibly not my halloween special - zombie brain soap - maybe the more pleasantly coloured ylang ylang would be better!!)

thanks for suggestions.

LIsa
ps I can't sew for toffee but know a woman who can (mum in law!!  love her!!) 

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 11:29:37 pm »
I had a job finding tartan large table cloths but my mother in law found some material and made some...what about just some material you like? I want to find some fancy gold stuff for our Christmas wedding, the tablle will feature in our ceremony!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 02:03:11 am »
Mm -I really like the idea of a scalloped edge to complement one of my soap colours (possibly not my halloween special - zombie brain soap - maybe the more pleasantly coloured ylang ylang would be better!!)

Hi Plums - you obviously have amazing fun designing your soaps  ;D  Whatever are the zombie brains made of ?  :yum: :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 07:27:35 am »
A christmas wedding how lovely!!! something extra romantic about that I think  :)

The zombie brain soap is this :

putrid colouring but smells gorgeous (mint choc chip!)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 11:03:18 am »
Autopsy soap - I love it  ;D :D  Should keep the kids clean too.

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:52 am »
Hi there :)

one of the ways you can decorate a stall is by the use of embroidered runners. You have a plain coloured cloth covering the table then break it up with a contrasting colour runner this also mean you don't have to have different large tablecloths, just keep that a natural colour and just change the runner colours to suit the theme I did a set for a friend of mind Scorch Pyrography http://www.scorchpyro.co.uk/ (bit of a shamless plug for my friend lol) her dragon logo i put on two runners like the ones below and then did her a central square piece with the dragon and her stall name all of which hung over the front of her stall. the nice thing about using runners is that you can also hang them up the sides of your stall and use them to decorated in lots of ways :) here is a pic of some that I made to give you an idea ...

Sam :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS