Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: a couple of photos also of the store lambs taken in july, much fatter now  (Read 2703 times)

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
Re: a couple of photos also of the store lambs taken in july, much fatter now
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:53:02 pm »
  :D They are lovely! Smashing photo's. Your Collie looks like a handy chap to have around.
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:40 pm »
spy my collie is loving it, hes never been trained properly to whistles ect but he will go on hand signals, lol i feel like someone on a runway bringing in the next flight, he really looks forward to checking the sheep every day, i brought some galvanised hurdles and we round them up into them every day. he is seven now, we have a great bond, he is so trustworthy
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »
ooo gosh your sheep AND your dog are lovely!!! Just gorgeous!!! My Shetlands just dont have the kerb appeal ! And a good dog would be a godsend....tho its helping OHs diet to chase them fruitlessly trying to move them!

pottsie

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »
the sheep look great, wish my dogs were helpfull when it comes to gathering my two in last year i tried the rugby tackle method of gathering, worked for one sheep but the other was to quick! I have started treat feeding to get them to follow me and it seems to be ok for now lets hope it works on the big day, it will save me carrying fully grown sheep around again, they are heavyier than they look?

Rob.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS