Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tomatoes - Glorious Tomatoes!  (Read 2022 times)

Cavendish

• Joined Jul 2010
Tomatoes - Glorious Tomatoes!
« on: September 03, 2010, 01:53:45 pm »
I wanted to share a little joy that I have now that loads of my tomatoes have started to ripen!. WOOOOOHOOOOO
I was worried that none of them would ripen before autumn sets in, how wrong I am, and come to think of it as has been pointed out by my girlfriend I am thought all through out summer that none of was going to grow and that it was all going to die before bearing any fruit.
this has been my first year growing vegetables and I have absolutely loved every minute of the experience, and very goog experience it has been.

I now know what I want grow more of next year and new vegetables to grow, and what I dont really need so many off i.e Courgettes! far to many to possibly be good for you.

:farmer:

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Tomatoes - Glorious Tomatoes!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:09:09 pm »
congratulations its a good feeling init

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:22:18 pm »
I am so jealous I haven't been able to grow anything much this year as the sheep got into the garden and wiped out the garden and polytunnel

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »
Oh ellisr what a shame.  But you are not alone in not having any tomatoes as I was so late planting mine out that we are only just getting the first ripe ones, and it will never be a large crop, just a taste.  Sheep are lovely but sometimes they can be very baaad  ;D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS