Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Accidental farmers - what to do/keep?!  (Read 3779 times)

Tux

• Joined Jun 2018
  • Gwent
Re: Accidental farmers - what to do/keep?!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 05:15:56 am »
I'm sorry arobwk, I realise that I've come across as very ungrateful - I was trying to say that the current accommodation is unliveable and not worth restoring due to the subsidence, however we could potentially still live on the land if we were able to make use of the hard stand. We currently live in a small bungalow and certainly have no objection to them!

Regardless, control of the land, what's left of the house and outbuildings etc., is the right of my husband's uncle and he's been kind enough to give us a part of it. It certainly won't be sold as it's belonged to his family for generations, and that's why I'm here. To learn and ask questions and to try to be more self sufficient.

I apologise for any offence caused.
Animal minds are simple, and therefore sharp. Animals never spend time dividing experience into little bits and speculating about all the bits they've missed. The whole panoply of the universe has been neatly expressed to them as things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 09:13:07 pm »
You didn't actually Tux (i.e. come across as ungrateful) and I meant that it all sounds like a really great opportunity.  Existing bungalow might not be habitable, but it's a real bonus come time to submit planning app's, should you wish live on the land.  I wish you the very best of luck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:30:00 pm by arobwk »

BobTheFarmer

• Joined Jul 2017
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »
DO NOT demolish or remove any part of the bungalow until you have permission to put something in its place!  Could be a lovely site for a log cabin or similar but if you knock it down before getting permission to replace it you will have a fight on your hands.

Good luck with it, you'll find some awesome help on here and I'd recommend the Celebrating Smallholding UK group on facebook too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS