Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 2297 times)

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
Thank you
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:23 am »
Just wanted to say a global thank you to everyone.
We haven't posted many specific questions but have gleaned a lot of useful information from the many posts in here.

We took our first weaners to slaughter this morning and Eve's experience was weighing on my mind, although I hadn't told Steve about it.

We were very pleased with the whole experience. The pigs did not want to leave the trailer and were very grumpy when they did, but happy enough when they got off the sloping bits and onto flat ground. The guys were very patient and the pigs just couldn't ignore a rattling bucket of food.

When I asked if all pigs were so difficult, one guy said "It's just that they know their mummy doesn't want them anymore" and gave me a wink. I had already promised not to cry as long as they were nice to my piggies.

It's been a good ending and sealed what has been a wonderful experience for both of us, and we know our pigs had a good life and a good ending too.

You guys have unknowingly held our hands parts of the way as we have dipped in and out of here so, thank you.

We are looking forward to getting more pigs but in the meantime we shall continue to dip in for help with processing our pork.

:wave:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:12:10 am »
Well done, proud of you.
best Mandy :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:06 pm »
I'm glad everything went well for your pigs at the end - it would be horrible to be in the same position as Eve.
And it always makes me smile when folk are already planning for their next weaners before the carcasses even come back from the butcher  ;D It goes to show how enjoyable and rewarding keeping pigs is  ;)
Karen

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:54:02 pm »
If you are this enthusiastic now, just think how keen you will be when you have sampled the meat and sausages  :pig:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »
Good to knowthat posting answers whilst being yelled at that supper is ready pays off !
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:39:22 am »
Good to knowthat posting answers whilst being yelled at that supper is ready pays off !

;D Don't be using me as an excuse!

Cheers folks.

It seemed such a big step when we started, same with the chickens really. But all so very rewarding.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:36:21 am »
..... and addictive

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS