Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help wanted  (Read 1755 times)

fishfingers

• Joined Sep 2010
help wanted
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:34 pm »
Right to the point i need help looking after some pigs. There is 2 of us at the moment and we are looking for a few more ppl to help with the work load i liver in kettering northamptonshire.

john

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: help wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:54:38 am »
John
Two people should be able to look after pigs between them, ( i currently look after 11 on my own)pigs like regular familiar routines and not lots of strangers. You shouldn't take animals on if you can't look after them adequately and you really should have thought about this before you engaged in the venture. It may be that your circumstances have changed but you should have factored into your plans what would happen if you couldn't look after your animals for some reason.
I hope you find someone to help you but make them aware of the commitment they are taking on and exactly what you are asking of them.
Good luck
regards Mandy

chickenfeed

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:27:10 am »
 :wave:hi john i think i saw you post this on another forum, would i be right in understanding you want to set up a community pig keeping project type of thing where every one shares the work and the produce, thats how i read the other post anyway. landshare goes pig share  ;).

i already have my hads full with pigs, lambs, goats and chickens atm so i am not in the running just wanted to help clarify your post.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:54:55 am »
Apologies for sounding off John but lots of people go into pigs and find they can'tcope.
If what Chickenfeed says is correct wish you all the luck in the world with your project.
best mandy

fishfingers

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:43:10 pm »
yea im looking for a community pig shair  :pig: between the 2 of us are fine looking after them just would be nicw to share with other ppl. im sorry if i come across as i was not ablw to look after them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS