Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How to tell if pregnant ?? ANOTHER UPDATE  (Read 8422 times)

HappyHippy

Re: How to tell if pregnant ?? ANOTHER UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:39:44 am »
Congratulations from me too ! Get yourself a comfy watching spot  ;D
Now that my piglets are 4 weeks old my fav place is actually sitting on the straw beside them (but not for much longer cos they're getting boisterous lol!)
It's funny how we all panic about upcoming births, but the pigs just get on with it  ;)
Like HM, I think if you worm her in a few weeks the piglets will get some immunity - or worm them at weaning time.
Congratulations again !
Karen

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 05:19:49 pm »
Congratulations!!! Which such a gene pool, what do the little darlings look like?? Photograph, please!

Eve  :wave:

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »
congratulations. please make sure the babies have access to a bit of grass/earth or give them iron drops or you may well loose them. lots of cuddles if mum will let you.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

Pigglewiggle

• Joined Jan 2009
  • North Yorkshire
    • RoseCroft Rare Breeds
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:55 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for all the advice. I am trying to post some pics but am not having any luck so far. will figure it out tomorrow !!
  Its wonderful having piglets, just want to sit there all day.. work just gets in the way. They are a right mixture, some just pink, some look a bit like saddlebacks, and some have Pietrain markings like mum.

They are in a field with plenty of dirt, and a bit of grass, so should be ok.

Debbie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS