Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tylan & Ivermectin & Flubevet  (Read 1800 times)

loopy97

• Joined Jun 2018
Tylan & Ivermectin & Flubevet
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:05:01 am »
Hello I have had a few chickens with respiratory problems so they have all had Tylan added to water drinkers for about 4 days.  I have also now got my marriages wormer food ready to give. Is this ok to use after antibiotics? Also I would like to treat all with Ivermectin as some have scaly legs! But obviously do not want to overdose them all on medicines. I have treated some with vaseline/sudacream on their legs & scaly leg spray from my garden centre. It's all happening at once!! I always use D. Earth powder too but am now worried the dust caused the respiratory problems. Thanks for any advice...

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Re: Tylan & Ivermectin & Flubevet
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:48:44 pm »
Ivermectic will surely also treat any worms?

A bit of oil on grain or pellets sticks down D.E. or any other powder s uppliments.

Terry T

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:45 pm »
Ivermectin can be used to worm. I believe it doesn’t affect tapeworm.

Bobie

• Joined May 2018
  • Essex
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 04:46:02 pm »
I use ivermectin if I see redmite in the coop, as a spot on, like frontline for dogs.
To get rid of scaly leg, I get some vegetable oil in a jar and every night I dip their legs in it for a minute each leg, this suffocates the mite and makes the scales on the leg all soft and supple, which then the horrible lumps fall off, leaving the leg lovely and clean.
I don't often worm in their feed only if they start gapping, as I was told that regular worming upsets the insides, making them more likely to get ill.
I've had chickens for over 15 years and probably only worked about 1 a year and the oldest hen I've had was rusty and she lived for 9 years.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:50:21 pm by Bobie »

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:25:44 pm »

Tylan to water is a poor substitute for injectable 200.  I found it pretty useless.  Tylan 200 is good on a 3 day system.

I hardly worm - mine are outside and most issues in hens are mycoplasma. Anything 'mectin' is a harsh chemical and I wouldn't want to consume eggs after that treatment for some time.  Better off Flubevet.

DE is not a risk unless consumed in vast amounts. So no worries about that.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS