Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Herd dispersal Boer crosses Aberdeenshire  (Read 2064 times)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Herd dispersal Boer crosses Aberdeenshire
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »
Due to recent problems with my health and my rented grazing now only having a field shelter rather than barns, which will be difficult to manage goats in over winter, I have decided to sell my goat herd.
They are based near St Cyrus, Aberdeenshire.
I have two registered British Saanen nannies who are 6 years old, a Saanen type unregistered nanny, who I believe is about 5. I have a registered Boer billy who is 1 year old. I have 12 Boer cross nannies, from 50% to 87.5%, and from 1-4 years old. I have this year's kids 20 to date, 19 born in February, one today, with one nanny (possibly two) left to kid (all from the billy above, he has done very well covering them at a good percentage as a kid). All are registered with the bbgs, except last year's and this year's kids, but can be if required (I just never got round to it last year as I only had 4 girls to register)
I haven't tested them for cae for a year or two (all negative at that time), but I run a semi closed herd, and the billy is the only incomer in the last year, from a cae negative herd.
All are on the heptavac system, the kids had their second injections just under two weeks ago (except the new born one!)
All (nannies, billy and kids) are disbudded and the male kids have been wethered.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or would like photos or to visit. (I have photos but they're too large at the moment and it's a pain trying to edit them on the phone, so will add them when I can get them sorted out!)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Herd dispersal Boer crosses Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:36:55 pm »
First few photos

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:38:30 pm »
More photos.
Not the best photos but gives an idea.
Please PM me for prices (negotiable depending on grade of Boer, age, registration status, discounts for buying groups of goats at a time) or any further details or photos

Loki

• Joined Feb 2017
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:15:53 pm »
Hi,
I have an animal sanctuary in Lanarkshire if you find yourself left with goats needing homes. :)
Animal sanctuary.

KGilmour

• Joined Jun 2018
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 11:43:18 am »
Hi

Are these still available?

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »
Still available, what are you looking for? Feel free to pm if you would rather.

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS