Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Work wanted  (Read 1745 times)

wytchwolf

• Joined Aug 2016
Work wanted
« on: May 28, 2018, 10:20:27 am »
Hi there folks, my partner 22 and myself 39 are looking for either part time or full time, long term work in exchange for self contained accommodation (not tent or caravan) and maybe a small stipend depending on hours worked etc.
I have been trying to obtain a smallholding for a number of years now and have decided working on someone elses would be far easier lol  i have loads of experience in the rural sector and construction (currently self employed) and my partner has mixed cleaning experience but is keen to work with animals and gardening as well.  We are both creative and are looking to make some sort of income with that in the future.

We are open to any suggestions or offers as we are very flexible and will bend over backwards for the right positions.

We look forward to hearing from anyone who think they might be able to help

yours hopefully aaron and georgia.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:23:16 am by wytchwolf »

wytchwolf

• Joined Aug 2016
Re: Work wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:24:28 am »
We are open to any area really

Lingon

• Joined Feb 2018
  • Uppsala, Sweden
  • The more I see of mankind, the more I prefer dogs.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 11:59:40 am »
Any ideas? Relocate. In many other countries, smallholdings are sold at very reasonable prices in more remote areas, you can also rent them. Examples from my own country:

7,5 acres with a starting bid at 12 000 pounds (they have already lowered it, so there is a possibility for giving them an even lower bid) https://www.hemnet.se/bostad/villa-5rum-norrnas-solleftea-kommun-norrnas-130-12522318

Doesn't say what the rent are, but it shouldn't be to much: https://www.blocket.se/varmland/Mini_Gard_med_stall_och_uthus_80057912.htm?ca=10&w=3

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 02:32:34 pm »
Try farm sites ….. smallholders generally wouldn't have enough work for one of you, even part time, regularly  let alone 2.  We have 30 acres and occasionally hire a chap to help with the odd days heavy stuff.

And most of us use our cottages as holiday lets at least in the summer. … if you are prepared to move regularly as in HelpX then smallholders may have work for you at certain times.   
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 03:28:40 pm »
Also... have you considered living in a community that has a small farm or smallholding?   It’s not for everyone, but if it suits you, it can be fantastic.

I live in one in Cornwall. You can get a flavour of life here from our Facebook group ‘Trelay Cohousing’.

And you might try WWOOFing - it can be a gateway into a smallholding life in ways you’d never expected.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS