Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mon afternoon, min -1°C on Mon for scotland  (Read 2099 times)

bamford6

Mon afternoon, min -1°C on Mon for scotland
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:02:59 pm »
first cold night for new chicks .saterday minus 1 in Altnaharra and a cold night monday same .make sure youre chicks up to 6 weeks are kept warm .dont loose them naw Showers are likely to develop quite widely on Saturday and Sunday, but by Monday should become lighter and confined to eastern regions.
It won't be particularly warm, with temperatures in the south struggling to around 19C, and further north it will be several degrees cooler.     
Next week is looking quite promising with high pressure becoming established across the country for several days, bringing rising temperatures and probably a good deal of sunshine

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Mon afternoon, min -1°C on Mon for scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:05:19 pm »
TG for that! ::) Was beginning to think it was winter already! ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:05:07 am »
Is this sort of weather normal for you at this time of year? We sissy southerners don't know we're born!
Saying that though, it feels more like November here in Devon than August.

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:10:16 am »
was chilly here in ayrshire last night, and dark by 9pm!
we lit the fire and had a cosy evening in, seems odd not to be sitting outside in the evenings already!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 11:42:00 am »
Ditto in North Yorkshire, really cold chilly wind this morning. Have given the grass what i think will be its final cut of the year. The leaves are already starting to change. Looks like a proper week of Autumn weather ahead, cold at nite and warm in the day. I quite like Septemeber as a month its always busy , harvesting & storing for the winter months ahead and for us the last of the shows. Think a trip collecting firewood with the tractor and little trailer may be in order in the next few days. Hope my straw gets delivered in the next few days as i'm down to the last couple of slabs of a big square bale and if its gonna be chilly i want all my piggies to be snuggie, already noticed one or two's coats starting to thicken.
Mandy

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:05:58 pm »
bit of drizzle this morning. but its now a nice day. its your fault bamford if you will live in the highlands of scotland instead of the soft north. ;D. september in a few days the gales begin. lets hope its a better winter. just to be safe were going to get a good 50% extra feed in. i never want to beg hay again.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:42 pm »
Gales begun here  not sure if the gazebo will hold out  ::)

Sunny but cool - definitely autumnal.

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 08:04:23 am »
Autumn?

I'm still waiting on summer   :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS