Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Selling sheep & flock numbers  (Read 1485 times)

spidge

• Joined Mar 2018
Selling sheep & flock numbers
« on: May 25, 2018, 07:46:08 pm »
Quick question which may or may not be a silly one...

I’m selling for the first time, a couple of finished lambs at market tomorrow. I have download the form from the markets website, to travel with the animals. It asks for number of animals and the flock number. Is this my flock number, or the flock number they originally came from?

Many thanks.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Selling sheep & flock numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:36:51 pm »
Are you talking about a movement document for England if so it says no of animals left side of box and then you put the flock number taken from the lambs tags in the right box . If they have a single slaughter tag this is all you can write in ,if they are double tagged you can also put in each ones individual number

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:19:58 pm »
Really sorry, but it depends on the form and section. 

If the info is in a table where you put the quantity of animals in the left column, then the flock number in the next column, then that is the flock number on their ear tags. 

If it's in the info section about you, then it's your own flock number, irrespective of whether these sheep were born there.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

spidge

• Joined Mar 2018
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 09:30:03 pm »
Really sorry, but it depends on the form and section. 

If the info is in a table where you put the quantity of animals in the left column, then the flock number in the next column, then that is the flock number on their ear tags. 

If it's in the info section about you, then it's your own flock number, irrespective of whether these sheep were born there.

Thank you. That’s really helpful

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS