Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Doune and Dunblane Show  (Read 2332 times)

cans

• Joined May 2013
Doune and Dunblane Show
« on: May 21, 2018, 07:40:12 pm »
It’s that’s time of year again, almost!

Show date 7th July

Entries close 23rd June for cattle, sheep, goats, horses/ponies and vintage vehicles
Not sure of closing dates for trade stands etc (committee meetings is one of the things I cut back on this year!)

All relevant info..............  https://www.douneanddunblaneshow.co.uk

Having condensed everything into one show field last year, which seemed to work, the show committee have made a few tweaks to ensure that the show will be as good as it has always been.

cans

• Joined May 2013
Re: Doune and Dunblane Show
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:21:24 pm »
Trophies -
Any trophies that haven’t already been returned to the Show can be dropped off at the UA offices at Stirling Market or via any committee member.     Thanks!

Remember entries close:
23rd June

Trade stand entries now closed

https://www.douneanddunblaneshow.co.uk/

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:46:52 pm »
Not long back from the showground. 
All set for tomorrow, although i'm  sure i'll be annoying the setup crew at some point in the morning  :innocent:
Just a few tweeks from last year
Livestock in the same area
Secretarys tent back in its usual place with, i think ( remember i wasn't at all the meetings!) the horse secretary in the same tent.
there may be a few tweeks in the horsey part of the field but that's not my domain   ;D

If anyone going has a spare 5 mins pop along to the goat section, between sheep and cattle, and say hello.  i'll be the one with the brolly    ::)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 10:21:51 pm »
Hiya, Can't make it tomorrow I'm afraid, but have fun!  I'm sure the  :sunshine: will make a nice change compared with the last time I came, when we (and just about everybody else) got right royally stuck in the mud!!  :raining:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 05:48:51 am »
Thanks Womble

Maybe see you next year?

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 07:56:29 am »
Now that I’ve recovered! from yesterday I’d like to say I hope everyone who came to the show, whether  exhibitor or visitor, enjoyed themselves and managed not to melt too much in the heat.

Some idiot decided not to take today off as a holiday so off to get ready for a late start at work.  For some strange reason I’ve got tomorrow as a day off, unless rota changed again! So will properly empty car etc then as I don’t think I’ll have the energy when I finish work.

See you next year?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS