Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ooooh, Bobby the billy got out  (Read 2304 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Ooooh, Bobby the billy got out
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:36:22 pm »
The pygmy goats are kept separate from the big goats, although their stables are in the same big field.  Worked well until tonight.  I was up at the other farm putting the hens in, and feeding the goats up there.  Hubby was outside doing something, and the big goats were out grazing.  Bobby the intact pygmy billy somehow broke out of his stable, and raced off to the other goats. Hubby said it was chaos.  He has big horns, and so has Billy, the white billy (who was intact until a few months ago)  Their horns clashed, then they all had a game of chase round the cars and trailer.  Then they settled down and grazed. 

Thank goodness I was not there, I would have been in a right state.  Anyway, no one got hurt which was the important thing.  Never happened before and hope it does not again!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Ooooh, Bobby the billy got out
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:37 am »
And just where was hubby's camera for us to have a good giggle. ::)  Thought you had strict instructions to pack the PC away? ;)  Good to have you still on here for the moment.
xx
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:06:30 am »
Yes, Annie ....been a hold up with the furniture going in the storage container, so I had a reprieve, but sadly will have to unplug and box it today.  I am trying to note down estate agents, contact numbers etc.  I will be so lost without my computer to look these things up.  I bet my hubby will come home tonight and have to prise the mouse away from me .....I will have serious withdrawel symptoms.

Usually if anything happens with the goats, my hubby is straight on the phone for me to sort things out ......he knew I would go off on one that all the goats were mixed up and fighting.  I wouldn't mind but Bobby is about half the size of the big Toggenberg boys, and he soon bossed them into place.  I suppose he thought it was fun meeting up with the other goats!!

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:14 pm »
Just wondering... how do you get a goat to come back to you? A dog you can call, a pig you use your feeding-time call for, but a goat?

Just in case I do get some - I need to be prepared!  ;)

Eve  :wave:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:39 pm »
Just wondering... how do you get a goat to come back to you? A dog you can call, a pig you use your feeding-time call for, but a goat?

Just in case I do get some - I need to be prepared!  ;)

Eve  :wave:

Eve, before you get a goat you must know that they do what they want and on their terms! Normally if I just call on my lot they will come running but there are no guarantees. A bucket of food should always do the trick though but again that's not guaranteed. As with most animals if you have the trust and the love between you they know where they are well off. Take the plunge - go get some.  :goat: :goat:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS