Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goodbye for a while  (Read 6975 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Goodbye for a while
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:47:39 pm »
I have held on to my computer until the last minute, but sadly it will have to  go into the storage container with the rest of our household stuff - and it could be months before I see it again. 

We have to be out of the house, land and outbuildings by weekend.  I still have my land up the lane, where the hens and goats are, but there is no room for the 5 dogs, which is a worry.  We are trying to get our caravan on somewhere, but although we are in a tourist area, and there are campsites, not many round here take caravans, just motor homes and tents.......due to Peak Park etc.  Funny how motor homes are allowed though - caravans have wheels too.

Cannot buy anywhere until after the auction, and we still have a house to sell as well.

I will miss my computer a lot, but can manage without the telly!!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Goodbye for a while
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:49:36 pm »

Goodbye and good luck Roxy, hope to hear from you soon  :wave:
Anne

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:59 pm »
Hi Roxy, you are going to be greatly missed but we look forward to your speedy return. I hope all goes well at the weekend and coming months. Hopefully in no time at all you and all the animals will be settled in to a new home and can start to relax again.  Stay strong and keep smiling, big hugs - James.  :bouquet: I will miss your banter. :)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »
Good luck Roxy

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:09:09 pm »
Good luck Roxy - will miss you!! hurry back xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »
good luck roxy! head to the library now and again and use their computer to let us know how you are doing,

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:30:15 pm »
all the best Roxy, let me know if there's anything I can do.
hope it all works out ok, and you, Mr and the animals are quickly settled somewhere nice...
:)
Little Blue

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 04:08:19 pm »
I don't know you well but all the best  :)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 04:14:24 pm »
Good luck with everything.  :wave:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 04:51:16 pm »
I wish there were something practical I could do, I can only wish you all the best of good luck  and hope things work out for you.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 05:29:20 pm »
Good luck, Roxy - I feel for you being chucked out of your own home, ask someone to give that brother of yours a good shake!  Look after yourself - looking forward to hearing you are settled in a nice place very soon.
xx
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »
Good luck and hurry back!

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »
Goodbye Roxy and best of luck, hope you get sorted asap xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »
Thank you everyone.  I have been so busy lately with packing things, have not had time to dwell on the actually "going" bit.  When I close the door for the last time it will probably get to me.  I have a friend in a similar situation, and she came round the other day, and instead of cheering me up, she hugged me and burst into tears.  I had to send her home before she set me off :D

Having looked at property for sale (in other areas) I can see that there are some nice places, a lot cheaper than we would pay here.  At the moment we are favouring Cumbria, or Scotland.  As anyone house hunting will know, you get your hopes up, then in the property details you spot something that puts you off a bit .....like, the owner is retaining one field to put houses on, or they proudly announce the main road is only 200 yards away.

As isolated as possible would suit us, I would be quite happy living on the moors with nice scenery, and nothing to make the dogs bark (although knowing them, they would find something!!)

I will try and get on line the library, but will have to rejoin - burnt my library ticket on my infamous bonfire, when I burnt my bag and purse ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 06:04:24 pm »
Good luck with the future Roxy, hope that soon you will look back on this time as the gateway to a new and far better one.  Try to pop in occasionally

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS