Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Cornwall!  (Read 9034 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Hello from Cornwall!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:29 pm »
Hello to you both from Devon  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »
Hi to you all from another in West Cornwall  :D
We have 4 acres and currently have 7 hens and 2 dogs. We did have 4 GOS pigs until a couple of weeks ago, now they are in the freezer.... and extremely yummy they are even if I say so myself  ;D
We haven't done much with the rest of the land as yet - too busy building our cottage, so our field has been an adventure area for the dogs and the local wildlife. Next year's projects include a polytunnel, veg plots and hopefully some sheep - oh and of course some more pigs  ;D  :pig: :pig:
Tish

sarahevers

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Bellingham, Northumberland
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »
hello to both of you from Northumberland  :wave:

Big T

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:41 am »
Thanks to everyone for the welcome! ;D

Nice to hear from fellow cornish men/women!  ;D

Sonia in Cornwall

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Helston, Cornwall
  • Meet Blue - our little bundle of chaos
    • Going Stress Free - our personal mission
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:20:39 pm »
Yeah - thanks everyone for the welcome.   :wave: 

I've added a gratuitous picture of Blue to my profile so you meet him as well.   ;D

"Often people attempt to live life backwards - they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, to be happier.  The way it really works is in reverse.  First be who you really are, then do what you need, in order to have what you want."  Margaret Young

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 03:47:59 pm »

Hi and welcome from the Scottish Borders  :wave:
Anne

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:38 pm »
hello from  a very windy wirral   :wave:

starcana

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 02:14:22 pm »
Welcome to both of you from just outside Constantine, where we have 13 acres but only 2 dogs, 5 chickens, a veg patch (small), polytunnel and greenhouse (10 acres is just cut for hay as OH doesn't want to be more 'tied' to livestock, and I sort of agree). Aren't we lucky to live in such a wonderful place -- think you're just outside Gweek, so do try the Trengilly if you haven't already. A great local.

Big T

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19:03 pm »
Hi!

We have popped in for a pint before, seems nice! Were at trewennack at the moment. :wave:

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 08:26:03 pm »
Just thought I add to this thread as I'm new here from Cornwall too and only minutes down the road from you. We live in Helston and our field in in Blackrock. We have two ponies on the field :horse:10 light sussex in a walk in run at home :chook: about 20 Quails and two dogs  :dog:
Two girls and a fantastically supportive husband, he wants pigs and sheep for the freezer and a small tractor, hopefully next year, all avdice greatfully received.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:14 pm »
hello the girls mum  :wave:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 09:03:37 pm »
Thank you :wave:

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 12:30:44 am »
Hello and welcome to all you Cornish newbies from me over here in North Yorkshire  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 08:13:07 pm »
Just thought I add to this thread as I'm new here from Cornwall too and only minutes down the road from you. We live in Helston and our field in in Blackrock. We have two ponies on the field :horse:10 light sussex in a walk in run at home :chook: about 20 Quails and two dogs  :dog:
Two girls and a fantastically supportive husband, he wants pigs and sheep for the freezer and a small tractor, hopefully next year, all avdice greatfully received.

Go for it!!!!! We had the pigs this year while building our cottage (nearly done  :D :D :D ) but left the field to its own devices - next year we might get some sheep  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:  Oh and we have a nice big tractor  :D :D :D

Tish

Calvadnack

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »
Hi from Carnmenellis, West Cornwall.  We have a small flock of Shetland sheep, a growing flock of chickens and two slug munching ducks.  Welcome to a very friendly forum.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS