Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Still no pork!!!  (Read 9338 times)

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: Still no pork!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:49 am »
Pork, pork and more pork!!!

Picked up the pork today, having roast pork for dinner with apple sauce and hoping it lives up to expectation! In the end we went for simple joints, chops and belly slices, I belive you can freeze it and then use it later for what you want (i.e - hand of pork for sausages etc) so will try that at a later date when I have more time. We sold on a pig in quarters to family and friends and that should mean that our was free! I went to the abbatior to pick it up, nice freindly people, good service, packed and boxed beautifully, very pleased.

Can anyone tell me what the figures and letters stand for on the piece of paper, i will have a look at the farmers gaurdian site to see if I can work it out, but if anyone knows that would be helpful.

Dawn

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Still no pork!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 01:57:46 pm »
We just charge £175 per half pig (they're about 90kgs whole) nad people get literally a carcass cut in half which they take to their butcher.

Enjoy the pork!

Eve  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS