Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: holiday  (Read 1838 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
holiday
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:16:47 am »
Came home at the weekend after spending a week in Shetland taking my mother round her friends. She left the Island 16 months ago to be near my brother who has heart problems. After living in Shetland for 27 years you can understand that she has been very homesick and at almost 80 may not have many chances to get back for a visit. The weather was the best I have every had, we went to the Cunningsburgh show and it was a lovely day. I caught up with some friends to chat ponies and mother enjoyed the displays in the large tents. Sad thing was when I took her to the day centre that she used to attend twice a week 3 of her friends had passed away which upset her a great deal. I have said that we can go again next year, its not cheap but the way of life is so much better. Island people are the best and the landscape is beautiful. She made us promise that when she dies we will take her back to be laid to rest and both my brothers and myself gave our word.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: holiday
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:40:45 am »
That must have been so nice for your Mother to be able to go back to Shetland, and that the weather was good for her visit.  I know my elderley uncle used to take great pleasure in being able to go back to the farm he grew on up, and we used to take him for a drive round, so he could point out all the places he knew, and who lived where!!

Its a shame some of your Mothers friends had passed away though.

I am sure she will have brought back many happy memories of her holiday.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS