Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pond Plants FTGH  (Read 3089 times)

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
Pond Plants FTGH
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:01 am »
We have a largish pond in the garden, which I am needing to thin out so I can add more fish again (since the heron got them all last year >:()

So I have the usual suspects of oxygenators, probably some irises, probably some variegated grass type thing, all with varying degrees of duck weed and fairy weed.
I guess you could call it a wildlife pond.

Collect from Forfar, or persuade me to deliver :D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Pond Plants FTGH
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:55:55 am »
Could I have some please?  I'm redoing my front garden, and will be coming back down on Thursday afternoon on way from visiting friends and relatives in Aberdeenshire.  Maybe about 3.30 ish?  PM directions and a contact number and I'll give you my mobile number.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:59:10 am »
How big a pond is it - I have an old puppy pen in 5 panels which I'm going to cover my pond with to protect the fish - I could bring a couple with me - they are 1.2 by 0.9 metres
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:51 pm »
Hi Annie,
You are more than welcome to some/lots!
As for the size of my pond - I did measure it when we relined it, 8ft x 13 ft springs to mind but you've gone all metric on me! :) (and maybe that was the size of liner we needed. I will need to go and look at it ::)
I think I will probably put fruit netting over it or something similar, but thanks for thwe offer.
I'm actually working til about 5.30 on Thursday but if you let me know what and how much you want I can leave it in some bags in my driveway.
It would have been nice to meet you though, hubby might be here. :)
I'll PM my address/directions.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:52:18 pm »
Hi, I'll take anything you can spare - will need to keep the plants somewhere wet as pond isn't dug into the ground yet.  It's Sandy and Steev's old preformed one when they put in their new one.  Need to contact the chap that's doing it for me - could be done next week.
Thanks again, sorry I won't meet you, maybe some other time.  If anyone else from down her is getting any I'll take it for them.

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 08:32:04 am »
Mmmmm, lovely gingerbread, thank you!

Still more plants if anyone wants?

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »
Could you maybe bring me a few  down tomorrow  ::)  ::)  ::)

We (at school) have just finished a new pond, so we cold do with a few more plants  :apple:

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:38 pm »
Yeah! No probs Cameron - see you tomorrow ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Maura and Keith for all those plants - don't know when the pond will be dug in but they plants are all in it now in water and hopefully it won't be too long till I find some strong men to dig the hole for me.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:32:09 pm »
Thanks you muchly in advance  :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS