Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Cockerel  (Read 1476 times)

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
New Cockerel
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:37:11 pm »
Just got a Light Sussex cockerel today from cameronS - thanks Cameron! - so glad i found this site. After pacing up & down in is small pen he settled down. If 'we' (aka my son) get the last few feet of wire on the extension to existing run tomorrow he can go in with his ladies who seem desperate to get to know him better. hope to get a couple of LS ladies for him too

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
Re: New Cockerel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:14:52 am »
must have been a good day for collecting cockerels!

i too am in receipt of a fine light sussex boy, from happyhippy, thanks karen, very much appreciated!

i had divided a wee section of the run for him, as an introduction to the girls, but they were desperate to get to him, so that only lasted half an hour, and they're getting on famously!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:46:43 am »
At least some girls appreciate him, my ones don't even seem to notice he's gone  ;D  ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:24 pm »
Good to hear Happyhippy and Cameron have rehomed their cockerels.  I bet they are relieved too!!

Now does anyone want one of mine?? :D

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:37:47 pm »
At least some girls appreciate him, my ones don't even seem to notice he's gone  ;D  ;D
I put him in with the hens today, he just ignored them at first til the boss hen thought she'd show him who was boss. It backfired on her & now he's in charge! they did join forces to attack a young jackdaw that landed in the run!went to shut them in & he was sitting in the straw with the hen who gets bullied & isn't allowed on the perch.  And Connor finishe the new run! geebee

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS