Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cph for house  (Read 2589 times)

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
Cph for house
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:56 am »
Quick question sorry if in wrong area

Can you get a cph number for a house only asking as my manager wants me to bring a few lambs home (have a huge garden) to make it easier when hand rearing only has a few ewes but he's elderly
And thinks this be easier

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Cph for house
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:28:07 am »
Yes, and you must do so. Contact Rural Payments Agency if in England or SGRPID in Scotland.

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 01:00:54 pm »
Thank you  I knew I had to just wondered if it was allowed due to it being a house and not a farm or small holding

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 04:58:59 pm »
Thank you  I knew I had to just wondered if it was allowed due to it being a house and not a farm or small holding

No, for reasons best known to themselves, some folk keep pigs as pets in residential establishments.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:12:47 pm »

Lots of people keep goats in their gardens... so as far as I know there is no minimum size an agricultural holding has to be.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:18 pm »
I keep goats in my garden in a town and there was no problem getting a CPH.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 06:53:36 pm »
I've got goats in the city as well.
Defra didn't ask me whether I'm on a farm or town or wherever when o rang them to register. All they asked is if the holding is attached to the house where I live and postcode. And what type of livestock are you planning to keep. That's it.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »
Same here. When I had an inspection, he was happy with everything so put me down as a good farm,  :roflanim:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 07:26:42 pm »
It was all farms once.  It was people keep building houses on them that made them into towns. So a CPH for your garden makes perfect sense.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS