Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rewilding article  (Read 1491 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Rewilding article
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:44 pm »
I thought I'd be writing a scathing 'in the real world' response to this - but actually I loved it.

(Note, they have 3500 acres - so you could argue it's pointless us reading it on a Smallholding site!  :D)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Rewilding article
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 01:02:07 am »
This place was featured on Countryfile, or was it Landward, a few weeks back.  It's a lovely place, and how wonderful to be able to do that and still have enough to live on.  Being cynical, I don't suppose they bought the farm themselves as you couldn't pay off such a huge area of land with just a few Longhorn cattle and some grants. On the other hand it sounds a wonderful place, and a lovely life being able to float about just letting the land get on with going back to Nature.
It is relevant to smallholding, especially if you inherited your land, or bought it outright, and don't need to make a living from it.  In a way it's what we are doing in small corners of our land, except we are giving Nature a helping hand so we can see the results while we're still around.  However, the scale is down by a couple of zeros here.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS