Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie in need of help!  (Read 1231 times)

Lioly19

• Joined Apr 2018
Newbie in need of help!
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »
Hi!
I'm from Suffolk & i'm planning on getting a few pet pigs in a couple of weeks. I've had goats in the past but pigs are completely new to me. I currently have dogs, cats, chickens, guinea pigs and a tortoise!
I'd be really appreciative if someone could point me in the direction of the forum suitable for discussing CPH number questions!?? Not sure if it's allowed on this post? Thank you!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Newbie in need of help!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 08:56:26 am »
Hello and welcome  :wave:

There is a section on here just for pigs and pig questions. And here is the link to the DEFRA guide about keeping pigs, pets or otherwise. https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/guidance-for-keepers-of-sheep-goats-and-pigs

The rules for keeping pigs are the same whether they are a pet or not.

Are you looking for micro pigs or any type of pig but as a pet rather than for meat? You say a "few pet pigs". How many are you thinking? Why did you get rid of your goats? Have you not already got a CPH from when  you kept goats?

Have you got well fenced land, shelter, feed/bedding storage, access to a farm vet?

Lioly19

• Joined Apr 2018
Re: Newbie in need of help!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »
Hi, thanks for replying!
I have found 2 pigs that are kune kune x Vietnamese. My goats were kept at my mums when I moved out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS