Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: when will AI restrictions be lifted?  (Read 2032 times)

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
when will AI restrictions be lifted?
« on: April 07, 2018, 10:06:57 pm »
does anyone know? or want to make a guess?

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: when will AI restrictions be lifted?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:35 am »
As far as I'm aware the restrictions this year were a recommendation to restrict the access of wild birds to domestic birds' feed.  Last year's restrictions were more onerous, including housing the birds and suspension of poultry markets.  I don't leave feeders where wild birds can get at them anyway - feed is quite expensive enough without  feeding the birdlife of the whole valley.

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »
yes the restrictions were a lot better than last year, but I like feeding the wild birds and have felt really sorry for them this long wet and cold winter - I want to hang my feeders back up!

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:06:54 am »
yes the restrictions were a lot better than last year, but I like feeding the wild birds and have felt really sorry for them this long wet and cold winter - I want to hang my feeders back up!

My feeders never came down .... I don't get winter migrants feeding from them ... and it keeps birds away from poultry area.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:43:49 am »
Me too.  My wild bird feeders are on the other side of the farm buildings to the poultry.  I was topping them up five times a day when the snow was down.  One grey partridge has become so habituated I could probably pick her up if I wanted to.  My neighbour across the valley saw a couple of swallows yesterday - I expect they've gone back for their umbrellas and galoshes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS