Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: animal/smallholder sitter  (Read 6227 times)

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
animal/smallholder sitter
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:58:36 am »
Hi
New to this site as I was looking for some hens near St. Andrews. Fife.
I have an animal minding business covering N.E. Fife & East Neuk, experience with all livestock/pets. Visit my website www.petcareofstandrews.net if interested.
And still looking for hens! Geebee   

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: animal/smallholder sitter
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:37 am »
Welcome from Brittany

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:20:22 am »
Hi Geebee,  :wave:
I'm in Forfar Angus, and I've got 3 x 15 week old Orpington pullets looking for a new home. They are in the marketplace section.
I do like a daytrip to St Andrews (and the cheese shop! :D) so delivery could even be arranged ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 08:42:37 am »
Hello. hope business keeps you busy. I'm in Guardbridge and have goats,  ponies, ducks, geese, hens, sheep.  :wave:

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:28:12 am »
Hello. hope business keeps you busy. I'm in Guardbridge and have goats,  ponies, ducks, geese, hens, sheep.  :wave:
Hi, & thanks. Give me a call if you need a holiday! ;)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:31:09 am »
Welcome  :wave: Shame I'm at the other end of the coutry I could do with a sitter as I haven't had time away in soooooo long.

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:50:36 pm »
Hi Geebee,  :wave:
I'm in Forfar Angus, and I've got 3 x 15 week old Orpington pullets looking for a new home. They are in the marketplace section.
I do like a daytrip to St Andrews (and the cheese shop! :D) so delivery could even be arranged ;)
Thanks, am following up a couple of leads near home & also have a busy work schedule  :cat: :horse: today. I am very interested tho' & will get back to you

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »
Hi and welcome from near Falkirk,

Beth

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »
Welcome from anotherother fifer, a few of us on here now  ;D  ;D

just  :chook:  :&>  :dog: and two rabbits, here

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 12:11:08 am »
Hello, really really hope you do well, there is a need but weather its a viable business?? We have a BB and I wonder about putting a few kennels outside but the expense is extra so we are not too sure???///

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 12:31:34 am »
Hello, really really hope you do well, there is a need but weather its a viable business?? We have a BB and I wonder about putting a few kennels outside but the expense is extra so we are not too sure???///
unless you want to cater for dog owners only I don't think it's a good idea for a B&B. Lots/most kenneled dogs bark/whine/howl and that would put off guests. I don't have facilties for boarding dogs, only do home visits & some house/pet sits. I left my vet nuring job & started this 1 year ago. business is increasing all the time, I can organise my days to suit family & own animal commitments. Best move I ever made.

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 12:56:43 am »
We would only have one dog at a time, this year, at Christmas, we will have 11 dogs staying with us, 4 of our own and I ganuntee they will all be great together, no poblems...I thought we could have the odd guest with thier dog and hopefully they would not howl (not the guest..the dog) I understan, we breed labs and they have thier own room!!!

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 09:17:04 am »
Hi and welcome geebee, great web site and business too.

Good luck and hopefully you can get a bit of business from here too.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 06:58:36 pm »
Hi & welcome from North Yorkshire   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 10:42:47 pm »
We would only have one dog at a time, this year, at Christmas, we will have 11 dogs staying with us, 4 of our own and I ganuntee they will all be great together, no poblems...I thought we could have the odd guest with thier dog and hopefully they would not howl (not the guest..the dog) I understan, we breed labs and they have thier own room!!!
of course there are lots of dog owners who are desperate to find somewhere they can take their dogs with them. Ther's an AA book Pet Friendly places to stay you could advertise in. good luck

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS