Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig House Help  (Read 1842 times)

Em121

• Joined Oct 2017
Pig House Help
« on: April 01, 2018, 09:14:03 am »
Good Morning!

Help wanted ....We have a pig arc with heavy duty strips attached about the entrance that serve as a sort of door. The piggies have pulled two of the strips off so I need to replace it but can't for the life of me think what it might be called or where to find it! Tried good old Amazon and eBay but I think it might be that I need to find some replacement plastic and cut it/fit it myself? Has anyone else had to do this?

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Pig House Help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 09:30:33 am »
Try googling PVC door strips???

Have you got any old bits of carpet you could cut into strips?

Em121

• Joined Oct 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:49:02 am »
Thank you ...have Google'd PVC door strips; pig arc doors; pig arc plastic; pig arc PVC; heavy duty PVC....all sorts without finding what I need hence my request for help.

Sadly no old carpet to hand - it all got nabbed for the compost heaps when we pulled it up a couple of years ago.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:27:02 am »
https//:www.PVC-strip-doors.co.uk

Is that what you are after?  On cost basis I just use an old horse blanket.....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:30:24 am by pharnorth »

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:51:11 am »
Our pigs are housed in the buildings of the former small-scale intensive pig farm and the best doorway flaps are those made from old conveyor belting, which is heavy but virtually indestructible.  We use warehouse strips for some sties but the older pigs can and sometimes do rip them down or across, especially when the sows are cycling and grumpy.

Em121

• Joined Oct 2017
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 01:14:37 pm »
Brilliant! Thank you Pharnorth...that's exactly what I was after!   :trophy: :trophy:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS