Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Melton Mowbray rare breed sale 10/11 sept  (Read 3832 times)

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
Melton Mowbray rare breed sale 10/11 sept
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:13 pm »
Anyone going?

We have desided(me really OH had no choice!) that we are going to make the long journey to go,never been to a sale before and i hope i dont get carried away,have any of you been before? what are prices like?

If anyone is going would be great to meet up.

Karen

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Melton Mowbray rare breed sale 10/11 sept
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:34:09 am »
Not been to Melton rare breeds, but been to others, and its like any other sale, if two people want something, the price will go as far as they push it!!

I like Melton Mowbray (and the pies!) but think we have a horse show on that weekend.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:14 am »
Ill be there for sure. I always have had a nose around that sale but now it means so much more as I have my smallholding  :D ;D

Im more interested in the Native Breeds National Show that weekend at Melton market rather than the rare breeds poultry sale. I shall be drooling over the Rylands  ;D

The prices in Melton are usually cheaper than most other sales but bare in mind here that they are rare breeds and as such demand higher prices. You can look up past prices on the 'net from Melton market. http://www.meltonmowbraymarket.co.uk/

Take lots of money cos we in Melton have loads of other stalls and things to buy as its a really good market plus we have the town market to browse around, thats without saying about the pork pies or stilton. lol Most people who live in Melton buy the Walkers pork pies not Ye Olde Pork pie Shoppe pies, those are just for tourists!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:50:37 am by Jackie »

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:34:12 am »
I used to live in Leicestershire and in jobs covered Melton Mowbray as an area and always chose to be there on the Market day, so interesting and like a time warp to see all those Farmers.......Well worth a trip to Melton Market

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS