Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Urgent request for small bale hay  (Read 1303 times)

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
Urgent request for small bale hay
« on: March 24, 2018, 06:21:49 pm »
We’re desperately trying to find some small bale hay, Crediton area of Devon. Our usual supplier had none and despite finding some elsewhere our oh so fussy sheeep won’t touch it. We’re close to lambing and really need a few sweet smelling bales, please

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Urgent request for small bale hay
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 12:04:14 am »
If they'll take haylage, Whitehouse Farms have been supplying Mole Avon and others with excellent small bale haylage this winter.  (Actually, they may have hay too, I haven't asked as I'd got a source of local hay.  They do straw too, which I've also been buying, and which both the cattle and sheep love.)  I know they supply Mole Avon at Okehampton, likely they supply others that would be nearer to you too.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS