Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a learning curve!!  (Read 2541 times)

EIEIO

• Joined May 2010
What a learning curve!!
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:27:06 am »
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd post an update on our first two Saddlebacks, Newlypigged and I brought in May.

They settled in very well in there new home and they are a joy to look after.  But as is the norm with Newlypigged (he just cannot have a normal animal) ours will not eat vegetables cooked or uncooked, Fruit they will scoff until it comes out of their ears but veg noway  ???  We have an equestrian (??sp) ball for them which they love and now the ground is softer due to the rain they are ploughing it up nicely.

We got the ear tags and were thinking about doing an on line Charles Atlas course in readiness of trying to ear tag two SB Bores but on reading the forum I think we'll leave it until the day of the slaughter whilst they are eating.

We have decided that will let the land rest over winter and then get our second set next spring.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and advice on this forum by the way it really is a great help.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: What a learning curve!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:23 am »
Well done sounds like your pigs are having an idyllic life. 

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:07 pm »
It's good to hear they have settled in so well  :love: :pig: :love:
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:57:19 pm »
It's funny how the second lot are always thought of before the first lot go off - they're SOOOOO addictive and enjoyable to keep  ;D ;D ;D

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »
Great to hear we have another adict!
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

EIEIO

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »
Ho yes, well and truly got the bug.  I'd love to open a small rare breeds farm just need a lottery win  :farmer:
 No harm in dreaming thought.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »
I so know what you mean. I just bought a boar yesterday he arrives in 4 weeks can't wait! Pigs are so addictive :-))

newlypigged

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
I have My loto Ticket ready we may be Starting are rare breeds farm tomorrow, keep your figures x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS