Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Here we go again- Fingers crossed!  (Read 1932 times)

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
Here we go again- Fingers crossed!
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:24:11 pm »
https://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=75085.msg604581#msg604581

We bred a lovely litter of working black labs 2 years ago.
We kept 2 pups back and have been so pleased with them that we have decided to repeat this mating.
We took our lovely girl to visit the same stud dog yesterday, so now it will just be a matter of keeping her in tip top shape and keeping our fingers crossed!
 :fc:
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Here we go again- Fingers crossed! The pups have landed!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:22 am »
Yay! We have puppies!
At 11pm on Friday, mum-to-be was huffing and puffing a bit and asked if I wouldn't mind sleeping on the sofa to be next to her whelping box. No sooner than I had got myself settled on the sofa, she announced that yes, tonight was the night. Contractions stated at 1am and a healthy mewling boy was born at 1.40am follwed by 3 more boys by 4am. I was getting a little concerned that we were not going to get the girl pup we wanted, but at 5.15am, ta-dah! a girl! A short bathroom break in the garden and a breakfast of cheese and yogurt for us both was followed by another 2 boys and 2 girls. 
She is over the moon with her pups and is doing a fab job so far. She has me employed as her full time ladies maid at the moment, but prefers if I stay to watch the pups while she pops out for a wee, which gives me a chance to have a good inspection, weigh the pups, change their bed etc.
5 of the pups are already spoken-for ,as the boy I kept from the last litter has been adverting them well by winning his working tests :-) So that just leaves 4 pups. What are my chances of being allowed to keep them all?!
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: Here we go again- Fingers crossed!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 11:50:35 am »
glad to hear safe delivery and all healthy :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:05:38 pm »
really glad to hear :) Congrats!  :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:38:25 am »
Congratulations to the new family!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS