Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: online planner  (Read 2612 times)

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
online planner
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:52:10 pm »
Hi,
I've just discovered a nifty on line veg patch planning tool, so though I'd pass on the details.

I'm guessing if you're an experienced veg grower it might not be that useful and if you know what you're doing you can easily do the same with a pen and paper, but for any newbies to veg growing it's worth a look and you can try it out for free. You construct your site plan, then add the veg, it calculates how many you can fit in your patch, sends you reminder emails about planting, works out your crop rotation and successional planting for you and also has a square foot gardening function. There's loads of useful info and advice as well.
The website is www.growveg.com
:carrot: :corn: :peas: :squash:

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
Re: online planner
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:58:18 am »
Just had a play with the programme and looks quite nifty :) .. will have to delve into it a little further later but from what I have seen I would recommend checking it out :)

Sam

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:53 am »
I haven't subscribed to the planner, but I do get the emails to make sure I'm doing the right thing at the right time - their facebook page is very useful too for sharing tips & stuff  :)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:04:33 am »
I subscribed at the beginning of the year and found their planning tool invaluable.  My veggie spot is 28ft x 30ft and it was so useful to plan everything.  I love the way it spaces the plants out automatically.  I'm a complete novice to growing fruit and veg so to me it was worth the fee.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS