Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ex battery hens  (Read 3284 times)

storm35

• Joined May 2010
Ex battery hens
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:27:53 pm »
Does anyone know if there is a rescue place near me, how would i go about finding out? Partner and i are thinkign maybe we would be better rescuing some poor hens and give them a better life?
Chris x

Sandy

Re: Ex battery hens
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:26 pm »
Not sure where you are but there should be a contact for you. I rescued 7 and it was fun and touching to see them develop, some do not lay anymore but I love them......

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:42:42 pm »
Not sure where you are but there should be a contact for you. I rescued 7 and it was fun and touching to see them develop, some do not lay anymore but I love them......

Have tried google but cannot find anything, we are looking for hens/chickens that will lay, but we would like to rescue ones that need a new home.
We live in Scottish borders, near Galashiels?

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »
I had no eggs today either from my 10 ex bat hens.    They are eating and drinking and loving being outside. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:45:55 pm »
You just missed a collection up here. Register on www.bhwt.co.uk and you can then tell them how many hens you want.  Jim Duff is the chief organiser in this area and the collection is from Philipstoun Farm, near Uphall, Edinburgh.  There might be one nearer you.
Have tried google but cannot find anything, we are looking for hens/chickens that will lay, but we would like to rescue ones that need a new home.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »
You just missed a collection up here. Register on www.bhwt.co.uk and you can then tell them how many hens you want.  Jim Duff is the chief organiser in this area and the collection is from Philipstoun Farm, near Uphall, Edinburgh.  There might be one nearer you.

Thank you, off to register now.
Chris xx

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »
In case anyone wants to register and can't read all these quotes inside quotes inside quotes ;) ;D here is the website again - www.bhwt.co.uk
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS