Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chinese pasture topper  (Read 2946 times)

pasture eyes

• Joined Jul 2010
Chinese pasture topper
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:21 pm »
Does anybody out there have one or know of one in use, it is a 4ft and also they do a 5ft Chinese topper sold by several companies (they are coloured Blue or Red on the websites of the 3 main sellers in UK) which I have heard is very poorly built and the gearbox may be suspect.   I don't want to cast aspersions . . . or, more importantly! buy one . . . if users have had problems with this machine.     To be fair to the 3 main sellers they give a 2 year warranty,   but does it mean that's about as long is it will last without problems?    Any experiential comments will be appreciated.       :farmer:     

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
Re: Chinese pasture topper
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 05:54:25 pm »
havent had one but know someone that got one and it nerly shook his tractor to bits and very cheaply made for a few extra ££`s buy a teagle or a major iv got a teagle 5,10 and it get thay are there for to save the gearbox . mine was nerly new for £650 a 4ft or 5ft would be about £700-£800 new maybe?

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 06:57:52 pm »
I have a port agric

http://www.portagric.co.uk/Products/Grasscare/cutlet_topper.html

They start at 4ft and go onup.  Mine is 6ft.

Have had it ten years, and apart from shapening the blades (due to me hitting stones etc)  I have not had to do anything, runs great -  it has been a real workhorse

They are around £900 new for 6ft.

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:38:53 pm »
iv used a 8ft port ag one and it did make a very good cut

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS