Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone buy table birds from Piggots and which breed do you recommend  (Read 1625 times)

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales

I'm looking at sharing a delivery from Piggots.  There are 3 strains to go for.  I want a proper tasting bird that grows slowly. I want a medium oven ready sized bird.

Options are Ross 308, [font=]S44 and 957.  [/font]

[font=]Because we are a high health status farm and have layers I have to ensure what I buy in comes from a very reputable seller hence why I cant risk buying from anywhere. [/font]

[font=]Any advice appreciated.[/font]

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Anyone buy table birds from Piggots and which breed do you recommend
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:06:31 pm »
I ordered standard Ross and red ones. They didn't have slow growing whites last time I was ordering.
On our system white ones were growing a little bit faster but I'm going to order only red ones and maybe naked neck this time.
They get them to you as 1 day old in clean boxes. This is their business and therefore they have to obey health and safety (biosecurity) regulations otherwise they wouldn't have many customers.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS