Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Google ad words campaigns.help!!  (Read 4140 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Google ad words campaigns.help!!
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:38:19 pm »
I am about to throw my PC out the window  >:(   a few people have had trouble finding my website using google so I thought I'd pay google adwords (pennies) to help it along but its constantly pending review or disallowing the words I use such as 'goats milk' or 'soap' (key words in my business lol!!)  anyone found the process easy or useful? is there another way?

website is www.itsbaaathtime.com and if the whole site is entered into the search box fine but if people enter it into a google search nothing comes up (wiht the exception of this forum and my posts funnily enough!!)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Google ad words campaigns.help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:05:46 pm »
http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160072&hl=en

This is what you need - huuby says it's much easier if you use some of the free shop software such as Prestashop or Magento as it's just a one click operation and will automatically upload any changes you make every night.

Your website host may have the same, but if not, you'll need to do a spreadsheet. Shout me if hubby can help any more!

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:45 pm »
Another thing - apparently this takes time (sometimes a few days) and you need to put 'metadata' in which will improve search engine performance. Again,  free software such as Prestashop automatically has these fields for you to fill in.

My website uses Presta shop which hubby set up very quickly - www.deepdean.co.uk

Email me if you need any more info!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
Thanks Sharon  :)  that's fab! xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:58:26 pm »
Another thing you can do for free with Google is to register your business on the Google maps site - when you tag your postcode with your website address you can then add the description and info about the business - it will then come up on the search and you haven't had to pay anything  :)
Its a bit of a pfaff with some of the forms but give it a go
Tish

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 07:54:20 am »
I'm not expert, but I do recall coming across something, somewhere that advised registering your site with google as
www.yoursite.com and as just yoursite.com

Perhaps someone esle here know more about that?

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:53:54 am »
PE
our website has been up and running for two years, and its only recently it come up when you type the name in.
the more hits you get the better.

add your web link to all the forums you are on, then everytime you post your link is there.

I also added my page to loads of poultry pages in may, the hits have gone up to 1300 a month, now our website can be found by google ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 09:18:13 am »
Thank you for all the tips and help  :)

I've added the business to google maps (they have a picture of our tree's on it now lol) and will do as you suggest Smiffy.  I only really use this forum so maybe I need to do a bit of searching for others to add its baaath time  :)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 12:59:14 pm »
First off lets start with your organic ranking (ie why your not in google search)

Your internal linking is to your subdomain on your host ie to http://itsbaaathtime.webs.com you need it to be all linking to your fqd (fully qualified domain) ie http://www.itsbaaathtime.com/ (like your testimonial page is (http://www.itsbaaathtime.com/apps/testimonials/)

Your title tag is the most important tag on your website - use it.  Each page should have a title that describes what you are selling on that page and should entice people to click it when its finally listed in google, you have the same title tag throughout your site.

You may want to consider description meta tags - when you pages are in the serps (search engine result pages) google and other engines may use this information for its description in the listing rather that just a snippet off the page.  This will allow you to use metatag to entice users to click, you can also use popular search terms in this tag so they are bolded in the serps when people search for them and you page is present.

When you have your website links sorted and you have a proper full website under one domain - You will need to have 'inbound links' to your site for it to be indexed frequently.  You will also need to be adding at least 4 - 5 pages a day with at least 250 words of unique text on.  You could choose to add a blog to your site and include your days dealings or finding.  This will encourage google to come and re-index everyday.  If google cant see frequent updates on your site it deems it only necessary to come and visit your site every month or week or so.

Look for longtail keyword phrases to target at first.  What I mean by that is targeting 'goatsmilk soap' is going to be hard as there are lots of sites that sell it.  If you target 'goatsmilk soap with honey' its going to be easier (and cheaper if your using adwords)

Back to your adwords----
Your maybe getting suspended from adwords because your shown url is not your destination url?
The quality score is too low (ie there is not enough content on the page that matches your bidded word)
You dont have a data protection number on the site (which your sposed to have if taking orders or full contact details and terms and conditions) google does look at this when your using adwords.

Ta

Baz

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 01:16:37 pm »
If you or anyone else needs further help with their website, please PM me.  I am not a genius and cant obviously launch a website into the stratosphere, however its how I earn a living and I would be happy to help anyone on their site by giving advise and help.

Ta

Baz

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 04:33:54 pm »
Hello Baz

Thank you SO much for taking the time to give me so much help in such a detailed reply!! I will go through your reply tomorrow when I am refreshed from today's fete and able to break it down, digest it and work with it.
I am really keen to get this website working for me but having spent the last couple of decades nursing, computers/websites are not my strong point - however I do like a challenge  ;)

I really appreciate your time, thank you thank you xxx

Lisa 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS