Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Registered gos gilt 7months old, North West Essex.  (Read 3278 times)

Carol Knights

• Joined Feb 2008
Registered gos gilt 7months old, North West Essex.
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:53 am »
This, good natured, very nice pig is for sale as I don't need to add her to my herd. She has been shown successfully
so is very easy to handle. I need the space she occupies so I would let her go for a very attractive price for a very quick sale. Please call me, Carol Knights 07768 368053.
Carol Knights
alsafarm.com

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
Re: Registered gos gilt 7months old, North West Essex.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:17 pm »
I would be very interested but as we are in Shropshire the distance is too far, are you ever further up country at all so we could meet? Have you any pictures you could email me and let me know the price you are looking for too? andrewpowis@tiscali.co.uk
Thanks

Carol Knights

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:18:57 am »
It's a shame that you are quite a long way from me. I will take some pictures today and try to put them here!
She will hogging in a day or two so if you have a suitable boar she could be put straight into pig if she goes quickly. I am only asking £175 because I'd like her to go live. She has such a nice nature and conformation that it would be a pity to kill her and she is well grown for her age because she had high qualitiy creep to get her growing well from young age. :pig:
Carol Knights
alsafarm.com

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:29:17 am »
I really would like her but still trying to persuade OH to travel that far, perhaps the photos will help!  :pig:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 08:52:34 am »
powispigs I have a sow which Carole bred.  She regularly produces 10 / 11 piglets all well grown at weaning.  There are quite a few GOS sows around descending from the original 3 Carole sent over here.  If you can make the journey I promise it will be worthwhile. 

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:06:42 am »
It 's always worth travelling for the right pig.

What bloodline is she Carole?
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Carol Knights

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 02:41:43 pm »
Hello, she is a Princess as most of mine are. I took some photos this morning and I'm now going to have a go at getting them up here!  :farmer:
Carol Knights
alsafarm.com

onnyview

• Joined Dec 2009
    • onnyview free range produce
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »
I totally agree, quality pigs are worth travelling for.
Onnyview free range produce- Gloucestershire Old Spot pigs, Hill Radnor and Llanwenog sheep.

www.onnyview.moonfruit.com

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 11:42:35 am »
I am sure she is worth the journey but as farmers and agricultural contractors it is very difficult to take a day off to travel so far at peak harvest time!  My husband is working form 7am til 11pm 7 days a week at the moment but I am still trying... :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS