Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Muscovy Ducks for sale  (Read 8619 times)

Avoiding-stress

• Joined Jul 2008
Muscovy Ducks for sale
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:20:26 am »

I have 10 Muscovy Ducklings for sale. They are between 11 & 13 weeks old and make ideal egg or table birds. The birds are all healthy and enjoy human company. They're personable and intelligent, great to have around.

Hens £20
   Drakes £15

I am based on the Isle of Anglesey in N Wales

simon wallace

• Joined May 2009
Re: Muscovy Ducks for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:27:10 pm »
HI WE HVE JUST SEEN YOUR AD ABOUT SOME MUSCOVYS FOR SALE BUT NOTICED THAT IT WAS DATED SEPT 2008 DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE FOR SALE AS WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN GETTING SOME FOR BREEDING .THANKS JULIE swl@pallmallview,co.uk

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:10:10 pm »
Only just seen your add also. I am also in Anglesey where abouts are you? and do you Have any more ready, or expected?  :&>

Avoiding-stress

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 09:25:54 am »
I will have duckling soon as mothers are sat on eggs. I will send you a message when they are ready as they are due any day.

mrsmuscovy

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 12:30:25 pm »
I just have to share with everyone, because I am so excited.... we have day old Muscovy ducklings! We have been trying for ages!  :)  Don't know how long we'll have them, with a variety of predators around. Anyone got any advise for me, regarding rearing them indoors?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:38:42 pm »
Congratulations. If you are taking them in doors you must keep them in a box with a heat lamp over it. The builb has to be at teh correct height and temeperature and you will have happy ducklings. If you leave them outside and don't want to loose any you must get them in an area that is totally protected from all sides. I wish you every success, it is a great joy!

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:06:27 pm »
I've found the best and cleanest way to rear ducklings indoors is a cage with a wire floor, i raise it above the bottom tray about an inch or two, place newspaper or similar in the tray and clean it out regularly as they make a lot of mess, i usually have some paper under where the lamp and feeder is so they are not on mesh all the time, but not near the water. the lamp is usually at a decient hight initially sitting on top of the mesh cage, then u can raise it as they get older, they can go outside somewhere secure after a couple of weeks if the weather is good.

best of luck.

mandy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS