Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1801 times)

tonyd

• Joined Sep 2017
  • Derbyshire
Hi All
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:04 pm »
My name is tony and I am 60 years old and I reside in Derbyshire. I moved here in 2012 from Hertfordshire after being made redundant. I would like to say that I have several acres of land but sadly I don't but I am just starting to build my new chicken houses and runs in the garden so I can get more girls like I had down in Hertfordshire.
  I have a double allotment that was to be used to keep chickens and goats on (long story) but now it looks like its just going to be used for fruit and veg growing now.
  I /we moved to Derbyshire to be closer to family and for me to retire (or at least work when I felt like it) but now I class myself as semi retired because I sometimes work with a friend doing building work or work in my gardening business or work on my pest control business. The gardening and pest control started of by doing a favour for a couple of people and the work snowballed and before I knew it I had a couple of small businesses up and running.
  All my life I wanted to "work the land " as they say but now at my age I do what I can and keep what I can to be as self sufficient as possible and hope to continue like this for the rest of my days.  ;D
Thats about it from me for now apart from once again saying Hi and that Im looking forward to reading my way through the pages and getting to know people.

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 06:04:03 pm »
Hello and welcome to the best site around  :wave: I am sure you will find lots of useful information on here  :thumbsup:   I am on the committee of the Derbyshire Smallholders Association, so if you would like any information please get in touch. Brian

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
Welcome to the forum Tony
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:08:54 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

tonyd

• Joined Sep 2017
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:27:52 pm »
Hello and welcome to the best site around  :wave: I am sure you will find lots of useful information on here  :thumbsup:   I am on the committee of the Derbyshire Smallholders Association, so if you would like any information please get in touch. Brian

Hi Brian My daughter and I are already members and have met you (joined a few months ago) we missed the last couple of meetings due to illness but will see you at the next meeting.  ;D

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:54:26 pm »
Great, I look forward to meeting you again..  ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:42:10 am by nimbusllama »

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 08:39:39 am »
Hello from Morayshire in the north of Scotland  :wave:
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS