Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Printing freezer labels for pork sales  (Read 2048 times)

jamesm2289

• Joined Feb 2016
Printing freezer labels for pork sales
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »
Hello! Wondering if anyone has any advice on printing their own labels for vac packed pork received back from the butcher to sell on?

Our butcher is able to put their branding and price on the pork but we’d like to print our own labels and have them on our cuts with our own prices and farm name etc. We’ll keep the weight / ingredients and all the legal bits required from the butcher but want to add ours to the outside too.

Does anyone else do this and if so, any advice on how it’s best done? We tried the freezer labels from label planet I think it was but they didn’t work too well from our laser printer.

Thanks in advance!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Printing freezer labels for pork sales
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:37 am »
Maybe the butcher could let you know where they get their labels from as they work. I assume you are set up to sell your meat to the public in which case the EHO might be able to advise what works well and stays on when frozen.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Printing freezer labels for pork sales
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:40 pm »
we use a thermal label printer (leitz icon), i will label something tomorrow and try it in the freezer for you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS