Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dexter cows  (Read 13422 times)

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
Re: Dexter cows
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »
The meat from a dexter is superb, well worth it. You have said these dexters are well handled, which is even better. I have had dexters and would definately do so again. My matriarch was better behaved than some peoples horses around here! However, she had a calf who was a nightmare, took bulls temperament is all I could think of to explain her behaviour compared to her mum. They do very well in the winter,mine always wanted to be outside, although they did have the choice.So you could say that they are cheaper to keep than larger beasts. Its got to be down to your own choice as they do have a reputation for being difficult, bit like ponies in comparison to a draft horse! Good luck what ever cattle breed you have, they are lovely creatures.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS