Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What to do when you can't sleep  (Read 6343 times)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
Re: What to do when you can't sleep
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 05:32:08 pm »
So glad you got some sleep, it will make a difference. I'm having a bit of a bad spell just now, meds are a bit high and I'm having the opposite problems with sleep or I would have been over already.

Good news I have found the camera and a memory stick for it, just need to locate the cable for linking to the computer and then give it a quick test, used it last for video on the bike. Should be fine, if it goes wrong whilst its with you fear not, its done plenty of work in its life and now is by back up along with me i-phone.

Heres some sheep for tonight  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 05:35:59 pm »
Are you thinking of too many things?  Probably I guess.

I tried self hypnosis and it's absolutely brilliant at getting me to sleep.  Get in a sleep-ready position and close your eyes.  Imagine a chalk board or in my case a dry wipe board (I don't know why but I simply can't get a chalk board in my mind!)  Draw a circle on it, then write the letter A.  Then wipe the letter A off without destroying the circle.  The write the letter B...etc etc.  I am usually asleep by J.  It's weird but it seems to calm me down because it is my handwriting... (I told you it was weird)

It has the same effect as doing yoga (properly) ie you focus on just one thing without your head flitting from one subject to the next to the next and is very calming.  Good luck!

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 05:38:21 pm »
Thanks for the sheep Cobra you should pop down at the weekend, unfortunately I have had to go back to work full time for a bit to afford to stay here on 1 wage
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:53:34 pm by ellisr »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS