Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep netting  (Read 6734 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Sheep netting
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 07:59:31 pm »
thanks everyone.  yes it is the portable soft stuff i am tlaking about, so that is a no-go it seems (as i thought).  her field is onto a childrens play park on one side and a factory unit car park on the other so it is important to have robust fencing.  she uses plastic posts and electric tape for her horses, which they respect, but i'd be a bit nervous about having just that for the sheep i think.  i wouldnt want them (or any people) to get hurt.  the 'problem' is that my sheep are really tame and actually seem to LIKE people so i'd be worried that they'd just 'pop out' to visit some humans!

i'm thinking she'll just have to keep him here!

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 02:28:28 pm »
unless she has the fenceing already  surly  a proper stock fence is not much more money? i hate elecric its only good for strip grazeing as if left in one place too long its get negleted  and overgrown and then people mown when there stock is out its sometime good to put one strand near the top of a stock fence as a extra deternt.
proper fenceing should be first on the list of to do`s.  and its not nice finding a lamb thats been stuck in the eletric overnight or more.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 04:33:55 pm »
it's a 4 acre field so she couldnt afford to stock fence it plus she only rents it anyway.  nah, he'll just have to stay here - too dangerous

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS