Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from the Scottish Borders  (Read 6043 times)

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
Re: Hi from the Scottish Borders
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 05:22:51 pm »
Hi and welcome from North Yorkshire   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 08:04:33 pm »
hello and welcome
Little Blue

Bordersbairn

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »
Thanks for all these lovely welcome messages!  We've picked up three lovely hens - a White Star, an Amber Star and a Blackrock - which are keeping us busy.  They're settling in well and we've built them an extended run so they're not tripping over each other and we're working our way through a menu of fruit and veg to see what's hot and what's not.  I've managed to find a lady about half an hour away from us who keeps Marans and I hope to add one along with a Cream Legbar from the same source very soon.  Fingers crossed for a smooth integration!  (and maybe some eggs soon!) :chook:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 04:15:20 pm »
Well done but let me tell you you will struggle to fond anything that they won't like to eat. My lot eat simply everything and have not yet found anything that they won't eat. They get all the scraps of veg, salad etc from the hotel and just love it, especially any prawns. :yum:

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 09:46:40 am »
Hello :wave:

Favourites here include grapes (watch your fingers!) and left over cat food! ;)

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:47 pm »
Hello and welcome, another from scottish borders.

Bordersbairn

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 08:15:16 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  I'm finding that grapes and worms are a great incentive for our girls to jump about the place!  The youngest but biggest (Blackrock) is leaping up to the treat-hole to take them out of our fingers much to the dismay of chief hen but much daintier White Star who couldn't possibly get involved in such immature behaviour.  Must try them on prawns although there's never much waste when they're on our menu!   :corn:

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 07:58:10 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  I'm finding that grapes and worms are a great incentive for our girls to jump about the place!  The youngest but biggest (Blackrock) is leaping up to the treat-hole to take them out of our fingers much to the dismay of chief hen but much daintier White Star who couldn't possibly get involved in such immature behaviour.  Must try them on prawns although there's never much waste when they're on our menu!   :corn:

Where abouts in the borders are you?

viewfield

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 08:57:57 pm »
Welcome to the forum , I love the borders we lived in the Ettrick Valley loved it....
this is a great place for any tips and information or help you need with anything from chickens to veggies

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS